Advertise Here

Advertise Here
Get Your Brand Noticed Now

flashing ad banner top

Sunday, June 28, 2015

A SNEAK ATTACK! GOOGLE GETS ONE UP ON APPLE WITH AN EARLY UPDATE OF THE IMPROVED GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC





Apple had announced earlier this month at their annual WWDC that they would finally do something with the billion dollar acquisition of Beats Music & Audio previously owned by Jimmy Iovine & Dr. Dre that they would merge the brands into the Apple family as Apple Music which would compete against other streaming music apps such as Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, Rdio, iHeart Radio & various other streaming services for music. In a few days after Google released a video online YouTube showing off improved capabilities for their streaming music service Google Play Music. And as of this past Wednesday, June 24. They updated their apps to display the new & improved Google Play music.



Available in the U.S., Google Play Music provides free, ad-supported radio for what you’re doing, how you’re feeling, or what you want to hear. Instantly start radio stations based on songs, artists, or albums, or browse by genre, mood, activity, decade, and more.

Previously in years past the way Google Play Music worked is using your Google account you could upload 50,000 of your personal songs downloaded on your computer or external hard drive to the cloud. After you went over that 50,000 you could then subscribe to Google Play All Access granting you more room in the cloud to upload mp3s. Apple Music releases this Tuesday on June 30th. Apple Music will have a free three month period & limited free features. I had found out after the fact that my Google Play Music app had updated & I could choose catered radio stations based off the mood I was feeling & the occasion. Being that I have an 16 gb iPhone I have used Pandora, iTunes Radio, Google Play Music (of course), Spotify, & various music streaming apps. With limited space on a lot of our phones streaming is the best way to still enjoy our music.

I have played with the new improved Google Play Music for the past 24 hours. I have to commend Google on the innovation of their Google Play Music app. On Tuesday, my iPhone will undoubtedly update to Apple Music & I'll kiss the old music app good bye. I'll see what free features await me from Apple (maybe in the form of Beats One Radio...come on at least give me that). However, getting back to Google Play Music. For those on a budget who may not want to necessarily shell out $9.99/month...no matter what device iOS or Android then I definitely recommend Google Play Music for your entertainment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Traffic Builder